Driveway & Patio®
Avoids ruts in the driveway
- For driveways, patio and walkways
- Protects the driveway from wheel tracks
- Stabilises your pavement long-term
These two excellent quality products can withstand heavy loads from vehicles.
Fibertex Driveway & Patio is used under areas subjected to heavy loads such as driveways, parking areas and storage areas.
The fabric distributes the pressure load and gives you a beautiful and even driveway for many years.
Driveway & Patio® product range
|Fibertex Driveway & Patio®||1 m x 25 m||25 m2||100 gsm|
|Fibertex Driveway & Patio®||2 m x 25 m||50 m2||100 gsm|
|Fibertex Driveway & Patio® Premium||1 m x 25 m||25 m2||120 gsm|
|Fibertex Driveway & Patio® Premium||2 m x 25 m||50 m2||120 gsm|
Driveway and patio stabiliser
- Excavate about 35 cm of soil and unroll the first layer of fabric. Allow the fabric to stick up along the edges. Overlap by 20 cm.
- Lay out a 25 cm layer of graded aggregate as the bearing course at a height equal to the underside of the finished stone or slab paving. Please note: to ensure that rainwater drains off properly, make sure to incorporate a gradient into the construction.
- Wet the graded aggregate layer. Compact several times using a plate compactor, or similar.
- Unroll the second layer of fabric on top of the compacted bearing course. Allow the fabric to stick up along the edges. Overlap by 20 cm.
- Place 5 cm of moist levelling sand (grit) at an appropriate height. The levelling layer must not be too thick, as it is not very strong and will not be compacted. Allow for an excess height of 1 cm for the final compaction of the slab paving.
- Lay the slabs from one side to the other. If possible, use taut cords as a guide for correct, even paving.
- Establish support along exposed edge sections to keep the slabs from shifting later on.
- After laying the paving, sweep dry, fine sand into the joints between the slabs.
- Sweep off the slabs and compact them using a plate compactor or similar, depending on type and size of the slabs or stones.
Find Contact Person
Find a relevant contact person from the home and garden business area by choosing your region or country.