Surfitex™ benefits include
- High-quality surface finish
- Improved aesthetics and surface smoothness
- Reduced reinforcement print-through
- Elimination of surface penetration of reinforcement fibres
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Enhanced abrasion resistance
- Improved resistance to UV discolouration and degradation
- Reduced die-wear, lowering pulling forces and increased line speeds
- Mouldability to complex shapes
- Fast wet-out increases processing speed
- Elimination of micro-cracks
100% polyester – hydro-entangled – no binders
Surfitex™ is a synthetic veil, designed to generate a high-quality surface during production of FRP components, including pipes, tanks, façade panels and wind blades.
Surfitex™ is manufactured from100% polyester fibres, which are hydro-entangled with highpressure jets of water, with no chemicals added, which means there is no risk of chemical contamination of the resin. This material is highly suitable for pultrusion, filament winding, RTM, vacuum infusion and hand lay-up processes.
Surfitex™ gives FRP components a resin-rich surface that enhances weathering and corrosion resistence and reduces UV degradation. It also provides a smooth, crack and craze-resistant finish, minimising reinforcement print-through.
Find Contact Person
Find a relevant contact person from the composites business area by choosing your region or country.