Product Development Engineer
The job we offer
Fibertex Nonwovens is expanding its activities in North America by adding another production line at our plant in Gray Court, SC to our existing lines in SC and IL.
This position works under the direction of the Director of Product and Technical Development to bridge the needs and requirements from sales and production teams by providing product development and technical support to internal and external stakeholders. This position reports directly to the Director of Product and Technical Development.
In addition, the successful candidate must provide leadership to establish and promote a positive work environment that drives excellence in productivity, people, customer service and quality.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage and lead product development and qualifications with customers through commercialization.
- Manage the development pipeline of projects.
- Work closely with sales and customers/suppliers to identify opportunities for new products/solutions.
- Utilize a lean product development process that emphasizes speed to market with clear approval, execution and monitoring of projects.
- Responsible for trial planning, specification development, conducting production trials and production qualification. Scouts and evaluate new materials and technologies.
- Coordinate and perform trial activities from data collection to product evaluation at customer facilities.
- Propose and lead joint development projects.
- Understand customer requirements and expectations for new products and communicate them to the organization.
- Work closely with customer manufacturing to ensure successful conversion of Fibertex materials.
- Assist in quick response to customer requests for samples, test data and product safety/regulatory information.
- Travel to customer facilities and or other sites as requested.
- Assist quality group with complaint investigation and analysis. Provide technical expertise and analytical skills to determine root cause in a timely manner. Provide test support as needed.
- Assist production with troubleshooting product/processes.
- Responsible for developing technical and safety documentation.
- Research emerging trends and issues influencing product portfolio and future needs for our products.
- Attend and participate in tradeshows, conferences and seminars as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering or related field
- Minimum of three years’ experience in nonwovens, textiles or related field. Needle punch experience preferred
- Technical knowledge of nonwovens technologies and processes.
- Knowledge of nonwoven converting process is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and/or experience with statistical experimental design/analysis and tools.
- Six-Sigma experience and training is a plus.
- Strong organization, communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Travel required – approximately 20-30%.
- This position is an onsite position.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefit package.